Dark Chocolate Mousse
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
6 ounces (4 bars) GODIVA Solid Dark Chocolate Bars, finely chopped
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 to 3 tablespoons grated GODIVA Solid Dark Chocolate or cocoa nib pieces, divided (optional)
1. Place chopped chocolate in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Heat ½ cup heavy cream, granulated sugar and salt in saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and cream comes to a boil. Immediately pour boiling cream over chopped GODIVA chocolate. Let stand 20 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined and creamy. Let cool 5 minutes or until tepid.
3. Whip remaining 1 cup heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream. For a slightly crunchy mousse, fold in 1 to 2 tablespoons of grated chocolate or cocoa nibs with the second half of the whipped cream.
4. Spoon or pipe mixture into 4 wine glasses or a 1-quart soufflé dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
Vanilla Whipped Cream
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Beat heavy cream, granulated sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat.
2. Remove mousse from refrigerator about 10 minutes before serving, dollop Vanilla Whipped Cream onto mousse. To garnish, sprinkle with the remaining grated chocolate or cocoa nibs to taste.