Coffee & Chocolate Loaf
With the full-bodied flavor of both coffee and Godiva Dark Chocolate Small Bar, this decadent bread is ideal for brunch. Made with all-purpose and coconut flour, it has the texture of a moist and tender pound cake.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes |Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes | Serves: 12
- 3 bars (1.5 oz each) Godiva Dark Chocolate Small Bar
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9- x 5-inch loaf pan; line with parchment paper, leaving 2-inch overhang on long sides.
- Place chocolate in heatproof bowl. Pour hot coffee over top; let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth and melted. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all-purpose flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer on high speed, beat together eggs, granulated sugar and brown sugar for about 5 minutes or until thickened and pale yellow. Beat in oil and vanilla until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in melted chocolate mixture.
- With mixer on low speed, alternately add flour mixture in 3 parts and sour cream in 2 parts, starting and ending with flour mixture, scraping down side of bowl as needed between additions.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted into center of loaf. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Remove from pan using parchment paper handles and slice.
Tip: For a decadent finish, drizzle melted Godiva Single Origin Dark Chocolate over loaf.