Easy to master, profiteroles always make a delicious crowd-pleasing dessert for holidays and special occasions.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 bars (2.8 oz each) Godiva Single Origin Dark Chocolate Bar, finely chopped
- 1 cup 35% heavy cream
- Drop peppermint extract
- 1 bar of 72% Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Godiva Milk Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp crushed peppermint candies
- Profiteroles: Preheat oven to 425°F. In saucepan set over medium heat, heat 1 cup water, butter, sugar and salt until starting to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add flour all at once. Using wooden spoon, stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball and comes away from side of pan. Return pan to medium-low heat; stir vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes or until thin dry film forms on bottom of pan. Remove from heat. Transfer to bowl.
- Using wooden spoon or electric mixer, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until mixture is thickened, smooth and shiny.
- Spoon into pastry bag fitted with 1/2-inch plain tip and pipe 24 mounds onto parchment paper–lined baking sheet (gently flatten any peaks with fingertip lightly moistened with water).
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and crisp. Reduce heat to 375°F. Bake for 10 minutes; let cool completely on rack.
- Filling: Place chocolate in heatproof bowl. In small saucepan set over medium heat, heat cream, stirring occasionally, or until just starting to simmer. Pour over chocolate; let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth and chocolate is melted. Stir in peppermint extract. Let cool completely. Whip ganache with electric beaters until thickened and fluffy. Cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Spoon filling into piping bag fitted with 1/4-inch tip; pipe generous amount into center of each profiterole.
- Garnish: Place chopped chocolate and butter in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and melted. Stir in honey; let cool slightly. Dip tops of profiteroles in chocolate. Sprinkle with pretzels and crushed peppermints. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until chocolate sets.
Tip: Alternatively, instead of spooning the filling into a piping bag, spoon it into a resealable plastic bag with one corner snipped.