Holiday Chocolate Mug Cookies
These adorable cookies rate high on the cuteness scale – the pretzel handle is decorative rather than practical, but it packs a tasty punch.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes (+ 1 hour chilling time)
- 1 bar (2.8 oz) Godiva Single Origin Milk Chocolate Bar, finely chopped
- 12 Godiva Milk Chocolate Covered Bavarian Pretzels, halved
- 1/4 cup Godiva Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 35% heavy cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp holiday red and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease 24-cup mini muffin tin. In large bowl, whisk together hot cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. Using electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla; stir in flour mixture until combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place into prepared muffin cups, pressing into bottom of cups and up sides to create indent.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are just set. Let cool completely on rack.
- In small saucepan set over medium heat, heat milk in small saucepan set over medium heat until simmering; remove from heat. Add chopped milk chocolate and cinnamon. Let stand for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is smooth and melted. Let cool slightly.
- Halve pretzels to resemble handles for mug cookies. Using a little of the melted chocolate mixture, attach pretzel handle to each mug. Let stand until chocolate is set. Spoon remaining chocolate mixture into center of each mug.
- Topping: Using electric mixer, whip cream with icing sugar until stiff peaks form. Spoon small dollop onto each mug cookie. Garnish with sprinkles.
Tip: Top each mug cookie with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream or mini marshmallow if desired.