6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
5 1.5-ounces of GODIVA Dark Chocolate Bars
6 eggs, separated
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
4 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 275º and set the rack in the middle of the oven. Butter a 9” springform cake pan and set aside.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a medium sized bowl over just simmering water stirring until blend. Alternately melt them together in a glass bowl in the microwave until melted about 30-45 seconds. Let cool slightly and then whisk in the egg yolks until completely mixed.
3. Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer with a whip attachment and mix on medium speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add in the sugar in 1 tablespoon increments. Once all of the sugar is added turn the mixer to high speed and whip just until shiny mixture is shiny and stiff peaks form, about 1 minute longer.
4. Stir 1 cup of the egg white mixture completely into the chocolate mixture. Then add the rest of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture and gently fold in until combined, trying not to deflate the egg whites.
5. Pour the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes. The cake should be just set in the middle.
6. Place it on a rack to cool completely. It will fall slightly and that’s normal.
1. Beat the egg whites until frothy.
2. Gradually add in the sugar, continuing to beat until stiff.
3. Combine vanilla extract.
4. Spread over cake and bake for 10-15 minutes at 325.