CREAM FILLING INGREDIENTS
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean, split
1. Bring heavy cream and vanilla to a boil. Let it cool, then remove the vanilla bean.
2. Combine cream and sugar in a bowl. Whip with hand mixer until stiff peaks form (about 5 min on medium speed).
CHOCOLATE CAKE INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup of Godiva Hot Cocoa Mix (plus more for sprinkling)
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
2. Place parchment paper or a silicone mat on a 17”x12” sheet pan and grease with butter.
3. Whisk the cocoa powder, flour, & salt in a large bowl.
4. Bring 1” of water to simmer in a medium saucepan.
5. Combine eggs and sugar in a glass bowl, then place over simmering water. (Water shouldn’t touch bowl).
6. Beat eggs & sugar with a hand mixer at medium speed for 2 min, until eggs are a thick, pale yellow, and warm to the touch (about 120ºF).
7. Remove egg bowl from heat and continue beating at medium/high speed for 3 minutes, until it’s reached the ribbon stage. (When you drag and drizzle a spoonful of the liquid, it shouldn’t settle back into the liquid for a good 5-10 seconds).
8. Mix in butter, then gently fold in dry ingredients with a spatula.
9. Spread batter onto buttered parchment or silicone mat, leaving an inch from the edges.
10. Bake cake for 5-6 min, until springy to the touch.
11. Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and sprinkle lightly with cocoa powder. Flip the cake onto the parchment, then remove the parchment or silicone mat that the cake baked on.
12. Spread cream filling evenly on cake, then gently roll into a log while still warm.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp milk
4 oz. of Godiva milk chocolate baking chips (plus more for sprinkling)
1. P Microwave the cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl at 30 sec. intervals, stirring each time, until combined. Add tablespoon of milk for consistency.
2. Pour ganache evenly over the cake. Refrigerate for 20 min before serving.
3. Garnish with Godiva Buche de Noel chocolates.