Yield: 14 servings
Preparation: 2 hours plus chilling overnight
Special Equipment: 9" springform pan
Triple-Layer GODIVA Dream Cheesecake
2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers (about 12 crackers)
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, softened (2-8 ounce packages)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
3 ounces GODIVA Dark Melting Chocolate
1 1/3 cups sour cream, divided
1/3 firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 finely chopped pecans 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. In a bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup white sugar, and butter. After thoroughly mixing, place into 9” springform pan and press firmly into bottom and up the sides. In one bowl, combine 8 ounces cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar together; blend well with mixer.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 egg, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, melted GODIVA Dark Chocolate Callets, and 1/3 cup sour cream. Mix the two bowls together and blend well. Spoon evenly over chocolate graham cracker crust.
4. Combine the last 8-ounce package of cream cheese in a bowl with the brown sugar and flour; beat until the mixture is fluffy. In a separate bowl blend together 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and finely chopped pecans. Mix the two bowls together and blend well. Spoon over the chocolate layer of cheese cake in the springform pan.
5. To create the final layer, combine 5 ounces of cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar; beat until well mixed. Add the remaining egg to the mixture and beat again. Stir in 1 cup of sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and the almond extract. When all ingredients are mixed thoroughly, add to the pecan layer of cheesecake. Bake in the preheated over for 1 hour. Let cool for 1 hour on wire rack.
GODIVA Dark Chocolate Dream Glaze
6 ounces GODIVA Dark Melting Chocolate
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine the GODIVA Dark Chocolate Callets and butter in a double boiler. Bring the water to a boil, and reduce the heat to medium. Begin to stir the GODIVA Dark Chocolate Callets and the butter until smooth, in order to prevent burning. Remove from the heat. In a separate large bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Once thoroughly mixed, add the melted chocolate mixture, and stir until smooth. After the cake is completely chilled (4-6 hours), spread the warm chocolate glaze over the cheesecake.