Yield: (30) 2 ounce portions
Pots de Crème
16 fl. oz. milk
16 fl. oz. cream
3 oz. sugar
6 oz. eggs
2 oz. egg yolk
7 oz. GODIVA 72% Dark Chocolate, melted
1/2 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Lime Oil
8 oz. cream
2 oz. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 oz. rum
1. Heat the milk, cream, and sugar together to a simmer.
2. In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs, yolks, and second portion of sugar until sugar is dissolved.
3. Slowly add the milk mixture into the eggs, whisking constantly.
4. Slowly add 1/3 of the milk-egg mixture into the melted chocolate, whisking constantly. Then add the chocolate back into the milk-egg mixture. Stir in Vanilla and Lime oil.
5. Portion 2 oz into individual ceramic cups. Bake in a water bath, covered, until fully set. About 40-45 minutes.
6. When custards are cool enough to handle, chill for at least 2 hours.
7. Before serving, whip cream. sugar, vanilla, and rum to stiff peaks. Pipe or spoon onto custards.