Molten Chocolate Truffle Cakes
Devil's Food cupcakes are stuffed with GODIVA truffles to create these Molten Chocolate Truffle Cakes, courtesy of What's Gaby Cooking.
Yield: 24 Cupcakes
24 GODIVA chocolate truffles
1 box Devil's Food Cake, plus necessary ingredients to make the cake
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 vanilla bean
Dutch cocoa powder for dusting
1. Make the Devils Food Cake mixture according to the package instructions.
2. Prepare 2 12-spot cupcake tins with cupcake liners. Fill each cupcake liner ½ way with the cake batter. Add a GODIVA signature holiday truffle and then transfer the cupcake tray into the oven and bake according to the package directions.
3. Once done, remove the cupcake tray from the oven and let cool. The truffle will most likely be concealed once baked.
4. For Whipped Cream Topping: In a mixer, combine the whipping cream, vanilla bean seeds and powdered sugar. Whip until soft peaks form. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
5. Before serving, top each mini cake with a dollop of the whipped cream topping and dust with cocoa powder. Serve as needed.