2/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1/3 cup of GODIVA Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter, melted
2-8 oz tubes refrigerator Crescent Roll dough sheets *
1 3.5 ozGodiva milk chocolate bar, chopped finely
2 tbsp honey, optional
1. Mix Godiva Hot Cocoa, chopped nuts, cinnamon and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add the melted butter and mix into a paste.
2. Unroll both sheets of Crescent dough onto a lightly floured surface or parchment paper and connect them at the long ends. Spread the chocolate mixture over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1/2” border. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate. Beginning at the long end of the dough, roll up into a fairly tight log, pinch the ends. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350º. Use a sharp knife to cut the length of the lowdown the middle. You will now have two long pieces that show the open side. Braid or twist the two pieces over each other letting the interior show on the top. Press the ends together to seal. Bake for 40-45 minutes are until deep golden brown. Cool slightly.
4. Heat Honey in a small pot with 1 tbsp water. Brush onto the bake and allow to cool completely.
*If the sheets are not available, then classic crescent dough (with the already perforated pieces) works fine too, just unroll and press the dotted edges together to make one sheet.
Variation: Bundt Cake
1. Generously butter a 10 cup bundt pan. Prepare 1-1/2 x the recipe above (you will need 3 present roll sheets total). After rolling the logs, cut them into 2-3 inch lengths and lay them randomly into the bundt pan, making sure they tuck into one another and the top is even. Do not press down. Brush with melted butter and bake at 325º for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 7 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and garnish with candied fruit.