Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 1 hour | Makes: 24 servings, 1 cookie each
- 2 cups flour;
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda;
- 1/2 tsp. salt;
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks), melted;
- 1 cup packed brown sugar;
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (raw sugar for best results);
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla;
- 1 whole egg;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 1 bag (approx. 2 cups) GODIVA Chocolate Baking Chips - Available now in the baking aisle of your local grocery or market
- sea salt flakes (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COVER a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- BEAT the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer until well blended. Add vanilla, whole egg and egg yolk; beat until light and creamy. Gradually add dry ingredients; beat just until blended. Stir in the baking chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- REFRIGERATE cookie dough 15 to 20 min. or until chilled. (Return the dough to the refrigerator between baking batches of cookies to keep it cold.)
- DROP cookie dough, 2 Tbsp. at a time and 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 9 to 11 min. or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies: Prepare cookie dough and drop onto baking sheets as directed. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt flakes; press gently into dough to secure. Bake as directed.