Ingredients for Cupcakes
11/2 cups flour
1/2 cup of GODIVA Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa
2 ounces of GODIVA dark chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup prepared GODIVA coffee, cooled
1/4 cup vegetable oil
11/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Ingredients for Ganache Frosting
1 cup heavy cream
5 1.5-ounce GODIVA Dark or Milk Chocolate Bars, chopped
Optional Extra Toppings
1 jar eachGODIVA White, Dark, and Milk Chocolate Pearls
GODIVA truffles (1 per cupcake)
Caramel sauce plus sprinkle of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350º. Prepare cupcake pan with liners.
2. In small bowl, mix the first six (dry) ingredients.
3. Whisk next four (wet) ingredients together in a separate, larger bowl.
4. Add the dry to the wet, stirring until batter is lump-free.
5. Fill liners two-thirds full and bake 20-25 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when poked in the center. Cool completely.
6. While the cupcakes are baking and cooling, make the ganache.
7. Place the chocolate in a bowl.
8. Scald the heavy cream in small pot and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 30 seconds, then whisk until completely blended.
9. Cool to room temperature and allow to thicken slightly. (You can also place bowl in the freezer and stir every 7 minutes until cool.)
10. Place ganache in bowl of electric mixer and whip just until it comes together and thickens into a frosting consistency.
11. Immediately spoon onto cupcakes and spread or use a piping bag to top cupcakes.
12. Add extra toppings if desired.