Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
Preparation: 35 minutes plus baking and cooling time
1 bar (1.5 ounces) GODIVA Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 bars (1.5 ounces each) GODIVA Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Place chocolate in small microwave-safe cup. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth and let cool.
2. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
3. Beat butter in large bowl until creamy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Add sugars and continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Stir in cooled chocolate.
4. Beat in flour mixture in two additions, using low speed. Stir in chopped chocolate. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two baking sheets.
6. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until no imprint remains when lightly touched with finger. Remove cookies from baking sheets and cool completely on wire racks.
White Chocolate Drizzle
2 bars (1.5 ounces each) GODIVA White Chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Place solid ivory in small microwave-safe cup. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth.
2. Drizzle cookies with melted solid white chocolate, using a small spoon.