Super Rich GODIVA Frosted Fudgy Brownies
GODIVA Honeyed Cappuccino Ganache
GODIVA Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Cremeux
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Gold & GODIVA
GODIVA Chocolate Swirl Coffee Cake
Triple Layer GODIVA Dream Cheesecake
GODIVA Chocolate Lime Pots de Crème
Tri-Layer Panna Cotta
Pumpkin Squares with GODIVA White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
GODIVA Double Dark Chocolate Cookies
GODIVA Dark Chocolate Mousse
GODIVA Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake
Pineapple Hummingbird Cake
Butterscotch Walnut Cake
GODIVA Cookie Dough Cake
Click here to chat live
GODIVA Honeyed Cappuccino Ganache
Adapted from a recipe by Casey Shea, Recipient of the inaugural Culinary Institute of America Godiva Chocolatier Scholarship Fall 2011
Yield: ABOUT 45 TO 55 CHOCOLATES
Preparation: 1 HOUR PREP PLUS CHILLING TIME AND DIPPING TIME
Two-Layer Cappuccino Ganache
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 ¾ teaspoons instant espresso powder
3 tablespoons honey
7 ounces (2 bars) GODIVA Large 31% Milk Chocolate Bars, finely chopped
6 ounces (4 bars) GODIVA Solid White Chocolate Bars, finely chopped
3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces total) unsalted butter, very soft, divided
1. For best results, make Cappuccino Ganache centers the day before you plan to dip them. Line a 9 x 5” or an 8 x 4” loaf pan with plastic wrap so that it extends at least 2 inches beyond all sides of the pan; smooth corners to remove wrinkles. Set aside.
2. Place chopped GODIVA milk chocolate and chopped GODIVA white chocolate in two separate bowls; set aside.
3. Heat heavy cream, espresso powder and honey in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until espresso powder and honey are dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Immediately pour 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon of this mixture over the chopped milk chocolate. Let stand about 10 seconds then whisk until thick, smooth and shiny. If all of the milk chocolate does not melt, microwave in 10-second intervals on medium (50% power). Stir well and repeat until ganache is smooth. Add 2 tablespoons of very soft butter in 4 additions, whisking well after each addition until mixture is again smooth and shiny. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and spread to create an even layer.
4. Reheat the remaining espresso cream mixture until boiling again. Immediately pour ¼ cup of this mixture over the chopped white chocolate. Let stand 10 seconds then whisk until thick, smooth and shiny. If all of the white chocolate does not melt, microwave in 10-second intervals on medium (50% power). Stir well and repeat until ganache is smooth. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of very soft butter in 2 additions, whisking well after each addition until mixture is again smooth and shiny. Pour this carefully over the milk chocolate layer, trying not to let the layers mix.
5. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover well with overhanging plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, until the ganache can be lifted out of the pan without bending very much, if at all. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
6. Remove the ganache rectangle, by using the overhanging plastic wrap as handles, and invert it onto a cutting board. Remove the plastic. Trim the edges of the rectangle using a knife warmed in hot water, then dried to keep the slices clean. Cut the short side into three or four long strips, approximately 1-inch wide. Press them gently back together, and then cut the strips into ½-inch wide pieces, making approximately 45 - 55 ½-inch by 1-inch ganache squares. Place each on its 1-inch side onto the prepared baking sheet so that the layers are side by side, not one on top of the another.
7. Cover well with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 more hours or overnight, before dipping. Cut ganache centers can be made up to 3 days in advance of dipping, and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator or frozen tightly covered for up to 1 week. Defrost overnight in refrigerator before dipping.
For Dipping and Decorating
14 ounces (4 bars) GODVIA Large 72% Dark Chocolate Bars, finely chopped
1 - 2 tablespoons your favorite GODIVA Ground Coffee, such as Breakfast Blend or French Vanilla
1.5 ounces (1 bar) GODIVA Solid White Chocolate, finely chopped (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Remove the chilled ganache squares from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature while tempering chocolate.
2.Temper dark chocolate: Reserve about ¾ cup of the finely chopped GODIVA dark chocolate. Microwave the remaining 2 cups in a small, but deep, microwave-safe bowl on medium (50% to 60% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to heat in 30-second intervals until melted. Once it is all melted, stir in the reserved ¾ cup finely chopped chocolate until it is smooth. Chocolate should now be in temper. If all of the added chocolate does not melt, continue heating in 30-second intervals as above.
3.Temper white chocolate (if using): Reserve about 1 heaping tablespoon of the finely chopped GODIVA white chocolate. Place remaining chopped white chocolate into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% to 60% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to heat in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Once it is all melted, stir in the reserved 1 tablespoon finely chopped chocolate until it is smooth. Chocolate should now be in temper. If all of the added chocolate does not melt, continue heating in 30-second intervals as above.
4. Using a fork, dip a ganache square into the tempered dark chocolate. Purposefully tap (about 20 times) the fork on the side of the bowl then slide it across the rim of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place the piece on the prepared parchment paper to set. Use the tip of a knife to help slide it off if necessary.
5. Using the tip of a different knife or the back of a small spoon, place a small dot of tempered white chocolate on one corner of the dipped square, then spread the white chocolate in a “C” design. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of ground coffee. Repeat with remaining ganache centers. Or using a spoon, simply drizzle white chocolate over dipped ganache in a back and forth motion to create stripes. (Pour any remaining tempered chocolate onto parchment paper to save it for baking at another time.)
6. Let the dipped Cappuccino Ganache set at room temperature or refrigerate just until set about 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Before serving, bring to room temperature for about 10 minutes.