4 large eggs, separated
1-1/8 cup powdered sugar
1-1/8 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup butter
4 oz. apricot preserves
5 oz. of Godiva Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a cupcake tin with liners. Gently melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or microwave, then let cool.
2. Separate the eggs, adding the whites to a mixing bowl along with half of the powdered sugar. Beat until stiff.
3. In another mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy — about 2 minutes. Add the melted chocolate and mix for another minute.
4. Gradually add the egg yolks and the remaining powdered sugar until well incorporated. Add the flour and continue mixing.
5. Fold in the egg white mixture; then fill your cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Heat the apricot preserves until liquid, then let cool. Use a knife or cupcake corer to cut out the centers of the cupcakes; then fill with the preserves.
7 oz. whipping cream
12 oz. of Godiva Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. butter
1. Bring your whipping cream to a boil on the stove, stirring constantly. Pour the heated cream into a bowl over your chocolate morsels, and then let it sit for a moment.
2. Add the softened butter and honey then mix, slowly going from low to high speed over 3-5 minutes. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Mix the frosting until light and fluffy, then spoon into a piping bag. Using a star tip, frost the cupcakes with a swirl of ganache.