CHOCOLATE PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS
1-1/8 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 stick ice-cold unsalted butter
2-3 tablespoons cold water
1. Combine flour, cocoa, salt & butter into food processor and pulse until crumbly.
2. Add water, one tablespoon at a time (about 2-3 depending), pulsing after each until it forms large clumps, resembling coarse wet sand.
3. Form into round discs, wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 30 min.
4. Roll out dough evenly. Carefully lay it over either a 9 inch pie plate or a round tart pan.
5. Trim the edges and leave an inch overhang. Fold to form rim & crimp with fingertips.
6. For a fun variant, try adding in a 1/4 tsp of vanilla, cinnamon, and a pinch of cayenne for a Mexican hot chocolate pie crust.
PECAN PIE INGREDIENTS
2 cups pecan halves
3 large eggs, beaten
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/8 cup molasses
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp American Whiskey
1/3 cup of Godiva milk chocolate baking chips
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Cover bottom of pie crust with pecans.
3. Whisk eggs & butter in medium bowl.
4. Add corn syrup, molasses, sugar, bourbon & chopped chocolate. Stir until uniform.
5. Pour mixture into shell over pecans and place on heavy-duty cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 mins, then lower temp to 350ºF. Bake another 25 minutes or until pie is set.
7. Remove from oven & cool.
8. Garnish with chocolates from a Godiva Gold Gift Assortment. Ganache and praline pieces work particularly well.