How do you get your kids to answer the question, "How was your day?" using more than one word? Sit them down after school with hot cocoa made from GODIVA Large 31% Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel Bars. Even better, pair with GODIVA Chocolate Biscuits.
Yield: 6 (8-OZ) SERVINGS OF HOT CHOCOLATE (ABOUT 1 CUP GANACHE)
Preparation: 15 MINUTES PLUS 6 HOURS CHILLING TIME
GODIVA Ganache Hot Chocolate
6 cups milk (best with 2% or whole milk)
6-12 tablespoons GODIVA Salted Caramel Ganache (see recipe below)
1. Pour the milk into a large saucepan. Over low to medium-low heat, bring the milk to a full simmer and almost boiling. Divide evenly into 6 heat-safe cups.
2. Add 1 to 2 Tbsps of GODIVA Salted Caramel Ganache into each cup of steaming milk stir until smooth, and serve immediately. If you have remaining ganache, it can be tightly covered and refrigerated for up to two days.
GODIVA Salted Caramel Ganache
½ cup heavy whipping cream
6 ounces GODIVA Large 31% Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel Bars, very finely chopped
1. Pour the heavy whipping cream into a medium saucepan. Over low to medium-low heat, bring the cream to a simmer and remove from the stove.
2. Immediately add GODIVA Large 31% Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel Bars. Slowly stir with a wooden spoon or rubber scraper until the chocolate is completely melted and uniform.
3. Pour the ganache into a small bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 6 hours or overnight.
For dark chocolate lovers: Try this recipe with GODIVA Large 72% Dark Chocolate Bars or GODIVA 50% Large Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Bars and add 2 Tbsps white sugar to heavy cream as you bring it to a simmer.